Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Facilities Assistant is a hands-on position on Casper’s People Team, working on varied tasks relating to the day-to-day functioning of our NYC headquarters and contributing to the goal of delighting Casper employees and creating an atmosphere in which people thrive.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Daily office operations and maintaining high standards for office cleanliness and design
- Mailroom and reception coverage
- Order supplies and stocking pantries
- Assist with team projects such as the planning and execution of company events large and small, office moves, safety protocol, wellness initiatives, and other projects as they arise
- Act as liaison with building engineers, security, cleaning staff, and a variety of facilities vendors
Our dream candidate is...
- Action-oriented and excited to step up to challenges
- A team player who is also able to work autonomously and require little oversight
- Comfortable multitasking, prioritizing requests, and having a can-do attitude
- Passionate about cultivating and exemplifying our developing company culture
- An empathetic people person with a high EQ
- Comfortable with occasional heavy lifting and with being part of the fire safety team
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!