Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work directly with a team of industrial designers, design researchers, mechanical engineers and product managers to develop mattress, furniture and soft goods products that enable a good night’s sleep, with a focus on ergonomics and comfort.
- Lead the evaluation of ergonomics and comfort of new and existing Casper products using a combination of experimental, modeling and numerical methods and recommend improvements as needed
- Establish ergonomics and human factors-related standards and develop testing plans for current and future Casper products
- Design and lead human subject research testing sessions
- Work in our San Francisco location, travel required.
Our dream candidate is...
- Is passionate about how the human body interacts with physical products, with 7+ years of experience as a human factors or ergonomics engineer/designer
- Demonstrates experience making subjective and objective ergonomic and comfort improvements to existing products on the market
- Has worked on both mechanical comfort and thermal comfort
- Has experience working with a variety of materials, including, but not limited to, polyurethane foam, textiles, upholstery, plastics, sheet metal, and wood
- Supports design decisions with scientific research and experimentation
- Enjoys presenting to small or large groups, and in front of a camera (if needed).
- Is resourceful, creative, and capable of designing within both fuzzy and tight constraints on fast-moving timelines.
- Is a highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!