Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will work directly with the Director of Finance Planning & Analysis and support groups across the organization. This individual will be responsible for supporting all corporate finance projects, including but not limited to annual budgets, monthly P&L analysis, and strategic analysis. The right candidate will have a deep passion for the business, an operational mindset, and the ability to think critically.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Manage monthly & quarterly financial reporting for departments and executives, analyzing and interpreting actual financial performance vs. operating plan
- Partner with accounting and financial operations to deliver the relevant financial information, analysis and context in a clear and concise manner to frame and facilitate management discussions
- Partner with departments using financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes and evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives including: new products, pricing decisions, partnerships, marketing strategies
- Coordinate the annual budget and periodic forecast cycles between finance and business partners
- Create and maintain reports including input of budget using Hubble, our financial reporting tool
- Maintain detailed financial models and forecasts to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution with exceptional academic record
- 5-7 years of work experience, with at least two years of direct experience in financial planning & analysis
- Strong Excel skills, experience with financial modeling and a solid base in accounting and finance
- Experience with JD Edwards and Hubble preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Ability to manage multiple project and priorities on a simultaneous basis
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!