Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Data Engineering at Casper is a small, but growing team that supports the organization's desire to improve how it leverages its data. We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to help us build and iterate on the way that we model our data, creating data models that seamlessly integrate datasets and allow for efficient analysis. This work serves as the foundation for our future efforts such as optimizing ad spend, streamlining business operations, and improving our customer’s experiences. As one of the first members of this team, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of features and direction of the Data Engineering team at Casper. [ As one of the first members of this team you will play a crucial role in building new information architecture and guide the direction of the Data Engineering team at Casper].
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Be instrumental in the design and build out of our data modeling strategy as the volume of our data increases
- Work with analysts, stakeholders and the datasets on hand to define efficient data models that can be a basis for future analysis
- Adjust our data model as needed to improve the performance of reports and common queries
- Contribute to a data driven culture across the organization
- Guide data analysts in adopting best practices with their SQL and Python code
Our dream candidate is...
- Strong in SQL skills with an understanding of columnar databases
- Experienced in collecting and documenting requirements from stakeholders
- Has e-commerce domain knowledge
- Experienced with at least one programming language (our data team uses Python)
- Understands how to model a database optimized for both OLTP and OLAP operations
- Loves to optimize for performance
- Well-informed about data processing tools and when to use them
- Curious. You are driven to understand how and why things work the way they do
Mega Bonus Points For...
- Experience with Looker and Redshift
- Comfort with AWS data and analytics products
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!