Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our E-Commerce (Fulfillment and Wholesale) team. As a company built on a strong digital foundation, technology is integral to our e-commerce vision and how customers interact with the Casper brand online. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in building software that enables teams across the Casper organization to bring delightful experiences to our customers.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Lead the execution, planning, and release of direct-to-consumer and wholesale fulfillment focused projects that improve the customer experience.
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code across the browser and server that adheres to best practices.
- Work closely with product and engineering Leadership to lead the technical design and ownership of projects with major company impact.
- Develop applications end-to-end, working with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies that solve problems and delight users.
Our dream candidate is...
- Knowledgeable about modern backend frameworks like Rails, Django, and their associated build systems
- Open-minded and values a team that is flexible around implementation.
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and their associated technologies
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!