Our customer base is growing fast and we are looking for a senior Customer Support Engineer to join our world class global support team and be the face and voice of our company with our customers. You will work with Blue Jeans Network’s customers, partners, our sales and engineering team to ensure highest level of service satisfaction. This role will be responsible for providing the highest level of technical support, independently resolving complex problems, and working with development engineering to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide “highest level” global support for our worldwide customer base and resolve technical issues. You will receive service issues escalated up from tier 1.
- Take full ownership of an issue without supervision, develop and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and partners, maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify product issue and drive resolution of complex issues. Work closely with the development team to help resolve the product bugs and deliver solutions
- Replicate the problem in a controlled test environment to isolate the root cause. Provide full detail in documenting the problem including (when applicable), call logs, screen shots, network traces, etc.
- Deliver positive communications to our internal and external customers.
- Offer additional tips, best practices and solutions, related to their service issue, whenever possible.
- Becomes an expert and focal point with all aspects of our service. Train prospects, paid customers and partners on the product applications.
- Maintains a state-of- the-art subject matter expertise on existing and planned technologies, including related products and services.
- Proactively shares knowledge with internal and external customers, by providing new and updated FAQ solution material.
- Typically requires BS in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer support, sales engineering, or equivalent role with experience building and managing strong customer relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of video conferencing products such as Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize, Lync, etc.
- Strong understanding of H.323, SIP, Firewalls/NAT traversal.
- Proficiency with TCP/IP and networking. Knowledge of IP Telephony, Web conferencing, switching/routing protocols is a plus.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability to assess customer’s network deployments, use appropriate tools to debug complex problem and drive issue to resolution.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; able to engender trust and respect of peers and customers.
- Sense of urgency. Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of 'problem ownership' to drive all issues to successful resolution. Strives to turn around issues with an efficient and effective approach to the highest of customer's satisfaction.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and a team player with a sense of humor