In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Sales at Policygenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Policygenius team!
This role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound and outbound leads for prospective life insurance customers and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)!
- Onboard new life insurance customers into the application & underwriting process at Policygenius
- Address customer questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for, and the application process, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat and text
- Practice consultative selling to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Collaborate with other operations teams (customer service, customer success, case management and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in your daily work
- Master the workflows and software tools necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required (we're growing!!)
- A bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 1+ year of work experience
- Ability to work a flexible evening/weekend schedule
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone; past call center experience a plus
- A sales mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, and effective problem-solving skills
- A desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)