LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Who We Are Looking For (The Role)
We’re looking to add an Accounting Manager to our growing organization with experience in financial services or consumer finance who is excited to tackle new challenges. This role is a unique combination of finance and accounting that will require close collaboration with individuals across the Finance organization.
- Review journal entries, reports and other analysis created by team members related to the fair value processes, ABS transactions and investor fees.
- Review inputs into the discounted cash flow models for the estimation of fair value of loans, securities issued, loan servicing assets/liabilities and other instruments.
- You will assist in the maintenance and implementation of updates to our valuation models, and ensure any changes are analyzed and documented.
- Review monthly balances and reconcile supporting schedules to the general ledger.
- Review monthly fluctuation analysis over key accounts and articulate reason for changes.
- Review SEC reporting footnote preparation and respond to audit requests.
About You (requirements)
- You are detailed oriented, accurate and thorough
- You have a positive, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn
- You are self-motivated, analytical and a strong problem solver
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- You have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, or similar discipline within a quantitative field or equivalent training
- You have 4-6 years of accounting experience in the financial services or consumer lending industry
Nice to Have (desired skills)
- Big 4 as well as private company operational accounting experience
- CPA license or currently pursuing a CPA license
- Working knowledge of Access databases and SQL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.