LendingClub opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we're the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Are you looking to go in-house and join an established fintech company? We are seeking talented attorneys for a position as Assistant General Counsel in the our Legal department in San Francisco, CA. You will be responsible for partnering with the business on a new lending product we are exploring as a company, auto lending.
This role requires high-quality legal analysis and exceptional judgment. You have strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver legal support to satisfy the needs of a dynamic business team, and the flexibility to manage a variety of assignments at a time.
- You will deliver strategic and tactical legal support for all aspects of our activities in the consumer auto finance industry and across all stages of our members’ experiences
- You will serve as a trusted advisor and partner to business teams, including advising and partnering on the development of new products and services, training on consumer finance laws and regulations, third party management activities, review of marketing materials and drafting and negotiating partnership and other business agreements
- You will monitor and analyze federal and state legal and regulatory developments concerning auto lending and servicing that may impact the activities of our marketplace and engage with our business partners to ensure understanding and operational readiness
- You will partner with Compliance team to ensure comprehensive risk support, including assisting in the investigation of and response to consumer complaints and the management of external compliance reviews and examinations
- You will collaborate with team members to identify issues and improve existing processes and procedures to ensure consistent interpretation and application of legal requirements across LendingClub’s marketplace
- You will drive and support other matters in support of LendingClub’s strategic objectives
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- You have at least 6 years of combined law firm, government and/or in-house legal department experience, with growing or suitable responsibility and at least 3 years of experience in consumer finance law and regulations
- You have demonstrated application of consumer finance laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP and/or GLBA
- You adapt well to a rapidly changing business environment and thrive on innovation and change
- You are comfortable in a legal support role that extends beyond delivery of advice to getting involved in the hands-on execution with business partners
- You have the ability to manage multiple transactions, take on new responsibilities and advise on novel issues
- You have proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and external customers, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.