LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) (“LendingClub”) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then, we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we're the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time.
LendingClub's Legal Department is seeking attorneys for the position of Assistant General Counsel – Small Business and Purchase Finance. You will be an expert in consumer finance laws and regulations and can anticipate and deliver on the needs of our growing and creative patient financing, k-12 and tuition financing (purchase finance), based in Westborough, Massachusetts, along with LendingClub's growing Small Business team and line of credit products. You will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the flexibility to manage a wide range of innovative projects proficiently.
Due to the dual offices, you will reside primarily with the San Francisco office and legal team while traveling once every six week to our Westborough office. Consequently, a strong personality with good soft skills, the ability to truly flex between working independently and as a team is vital.
- Supporting the growth and ongoing maintenance of LendingClub’s patient, k-12 and tuition financing platform;
- Supporting the business in its offering of term and line of credit loans via it’s Small Business programs;
- Partnering with the business in streamlining processes;
- Partnering with issuing banks for ongoing monitoring and refinement;
- Delivering legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services, consumer finance laws and regulations, marketing, account servicing and other business matters;
- Providing leadership on development and implementation of operational and risk management processes and procedures;
- Escalating issues, as appropriate, within legal team and partnering collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with team members;
- Working closely with issuing bank partners on marketing review, partner contracts and new product launches;
- Managing the successful delivery of services by outside counsel; and
- Driving and executing special projects in support of key objectives of the Legal and Compliance teams.
- J.D. with terrific academic credentials;
- State bar member in good standing;
- You have at least 8 years of combined law firm or government and in-house legal department experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility;
- You have deep expertise in consumer finance laws and regulations applicable to loans made through LendingClub’s platform, including Fair Lending, TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA and/or GLBA (HIPPA helpful but not required)
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and external customers, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels;
- You have the ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice; and
- Propensity to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully handle competing deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Comfort in a fast-paced, creative, disruptive, test and learn culture; and
- Impeccable integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.