LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
LendingClub’s Retail Investor group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital through retail customers to fund loan products on our platform. We are passionate about providing competitive returns and the opportunity to invest with purpose through access to this unique asset class.
Do you have experience leading a high-performing sales team? Are you a fantastic relationship builder? We're hiring a bright, motivated, articulate sales leader to coach and mentor a rapidly growing sales development team.
We help retail investors achieve a variety of investment goals that generate income and diversify portfolios. The business development team inspires new and subsequent investments in LendingClub Notes through proactive outreach, product education, and relationship management.
If you enjoy working in a constantly evolving, intellectually challenging, data driven, test and learn culture with some amazing teammates, this just might be the right position for you. We have a highly motivated team of sales professionals who are committed to their own professional development and are looking for a leader to help guide them to the highest performance levels.
You will work closely with service, marketing, operations, analytics, legal, compliance, and product teams while managing a team that includes three distinct sales functions across approximately ten people. You'll report into a Director who leads the Investor Retail Sales & Service teams.
- Manage a team of phone sales people responsible for engaging, growing, and optimizing investor relationships, including both campaign and ongoing practice management functions
- Monitor calls, live shadow, teach sales and communication best practices, and coach for performance continuously
- Partner with analytics colleagues to build logical target client outreach lists that maximize investor impact and drive desired business outcomes
- Deliver business results and hit performance targets (productivity activities, deposits, loan purchases, funnel conversion, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Create an engaging culture where team members are held accountable to results, work effectively together, grow personally and professionally, and have fun
- Demonstrate leadership across Retail Investor Sales & Service as a key member of a strong, united management team
- Use data to measure impact of the team, identify business opportunities, and test the effectiveness of new programs
- On-board new hires quickly and effectively and provide ongoing training to continually develop soft and hard skills among the sales people
- Motivate and inspire the team to increasingly hit higher levels of performance, and report progress regularly to upper management
- Recruit and maintain a constant sales talent pipeline to help aid the group’s growth
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Highly effective, thoughtful communicator
- Passionate people leader with positive, upbeat approach to daily activities
- Track record of being an exceptional needs-based sales person
- Energized by interaction and finding ways to connect with other people
- Previous people management experience strongly preferred
- Strong investment knowledge with previous financial services or FinTech industry experience strongly desired
- Self-motivated multi-tasker who meets deadlines and works with a sense of urgency
- Hands-on problem-solving approach
- Proven ability to hire, coach, develop, and train sales professionals
- Capacity to analyze complex problems, contribute a point of view, and occasionally disagree professionally while still committing to an approach
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequently changing environment
- Expert in maximizing productivity through process optimization
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger, as we work together to empower those who strive to achieve financial success.