Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
For nearly a decade, we’ve transformed the banking system into a frictionless, transparent and highly efficient experience, helping people achieve their financial goals. We’ve succeeded by building the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating personal loans, business loans, and financing for elective medical procedures. We operate fully online and leverage innovative technology to lower cost and deliver a highly rated end-to-end experience.
The Associate Product Designer role is a great opportunity to join a growing team that's making a big impact in how people interact with money on our platform. You'll take initiative, work independently, and seek collaboration with your team. You'll have fun and be really passionate about changing (and ever-improving) our users' experiences as they drive activity on our leading online marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Product team to take conceptual ideas and turn them into useable and valuable product features
- Contribute to the near and long term visions for features and product lines across applicable devices
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate design decisions and thinking to stakeholders
- Work closely with Product Managers, Marketing, Engineers, Experience Researchers and other designers
- Participate in the creation of personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, conducting research interviews, and shadowing users
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Design new patterns and standards that get adopted by others
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support design decisions
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices
- Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment
- Have an understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, as well as its value and how to integrate into work
- Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout understanding
- You are in touch with current design methodologies and industry standards
- Have experience with responsive design abilities handling various form factors
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS
- You are an excellent communicator
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize