LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
LendingClub’s Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail, high net worth, institutional and bank sales channels. The team is focused on building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
About Your Role:
We're looking for a dynamic individual to help us market to current and prospective institutional investors. This is a high impact role and you'll cultivate relationships with LendingClub's Investor base through insightful content. You will play a vital role in creating thought leadership and communications to help investors understand the benefits of investing.
You should have exceptional written and project management skills, with the ability to craft content in a variety of formats (white papers, one-pagers, website content). You will have familiarity with the investment industry (pensions, foundations, endowments, consultants, banks, insurance companies and asset managers).
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Create content that provides unique insights to prospective and current LendingClub institutional investors
- Work with Corporate Communications, Sales, Product, and other Investor Group functions to surface ideas and drive them to completion
- Create content for reactive communications as necessary
- Recommend and test new approaches to continuously improve LendingClub’s ability to attract and maintain relationships with institutional investors
- 3-5 years financial services marketing related experience at an asset management firm, bank, or registered investment advisor
- In-depth understanding of the financial services industry, investment strategies and compliance practices
- Expertise in investment products and asset classes, especially fixed income
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex investment concepts
- Expertise developing diverse content pieces such as white papers, blogs, one-pagers, or website content
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills and a desire to collaborate
- Excellent written, grammatical and editorial skills
- Ability to take projects from conception to completion: strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with changing priorities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Wordpress
- You're passionate about FinTech and empowering those striving for financial success
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.