LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About Your Role:
You'll join a growing Treasury Operations team as a Manager of Treasury Operations and report to the Sr Manager of Treasury Operations in our San Francisco office. You've got a strong background in Treasury Operations, Cash Management, Reconciliation, Funds Transfer and Loan Servicing. You will be a hands-on manager, supervising daily operations, controls and reporting for a Treasury team.
Your Day to Day:
- Approximately 80% of your role is supervising a team of 4-6, reviewing and approving funds transfers, and carrying out daily operational processes
- Lead transaction management, funds transfer, wire payments, cash positioning and short-term liquidity management
- Supervise daily payment and settlement processes for daily transactions
- Foster engagement of your team and effectively coach and develop team members
- Monitor loan servicing processes, escalation process and issue resolution. Act as first point of contact for issue critical issue from your treasury operations staff
- Build treasury operations procedures, process flow charts, reconciliation processes, metrics and reporting
- Manage and maintain compliance and documentation of Treasury SOX and SOC-1 controls
- Prepare Treasury response to audit and due-diligence requests from internal audit, external auditors, and third parties
- Partner with accounting to resolve reconciling items, and ensure accurate and timely accounting entries for monthly close
- Work collaboratively with other operations departments including investor operations, payment solutions, middle office, accounting and Accounts Payable to provide top-notch customer service
- Work with product management, developers, and technology teams to resolve issues, develop requirements, prioritize, test and implement new technology and processes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of meaningful experience
- Knowledge of cash management, loan servicing, funds transfer, and Treasury procedures and operations, preferably in financial services
- Proven ability to supervise and manage operational staff, providing clear and detailed objectives and instructions
- Strong Excel skills, especially with data functions such as lookups and pivot tables, to reconcile and analyze large dataset
- Experience with SQL and Tableau is preferred
- Experience with treasury management systems (Kyriba) is preferred
- Ability to influence and use data to support decisions
- Consistent track record of success in prior role, with the ability to outperform in a dynamic, adaptive, and fluid environment
- Intellectually curious, with a thoughtful approach. Evidence of demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking along with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Solid communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across a matrixed organization, with employees, business partners, and management
- Good business judgment
- You're an extraordinary teammate and manager who leads by example, accomplishes work through others, but is equally comfortable handling the detailed processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.