Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
We are looking to hire a Credit Specialist to be a part of our Auto Credit Test Team. We are looking for expert Credit Specialists with a passion and dedication to achieving operational excellence to join our organization. An Auto Credit Specialist will work on a variety of tasks with the goal of improving operational efficiency.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
- You will lead projects to improve credit operational efficiency while working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- You will identify the critical metrics to be evaluated in each test effort to be run.
- You will maintain the highest level of customer service and quality.
- You are driven towards improving Credit operations by re-evaluating current policies, analyzing effectiveness of new procedures, and engaging in discussion of Credit and test improvements.
- You take accountability in ownership of projects, hands-on execution of tests from start to finish, data analysis, test documentation, and representing the test team in delivery of results.
- You will interact with borrowers to verify identity and/or employment information, explain documentation requirements, and answer any questions borrowers may have regarding their loans.
- You will partner with 3rd parties to obtain payoff, insurance and employment information.
- You bring 1+ years of experience in financial services with knowledge of reviewing financial documents including W-2, pay stubs, retirement documents and tax returns.
- You possess a high attention to detail.
- You bring a history proven performance in meeting metric goals. For current LendingClub associates, your metrics include quality assurance scores with minimal or no auto fails and meets decisions/day while working on projects and elevated duties.
- You demonstrate leadership qualities, including but not limited to, driving performance, increasing accountability for individuals and teams (trainer, or mentor)
- You possess the ability to provide appropriate and constructive feedback to fellow team members.
- You have experience working in a very rapidly changing environment with strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team, effectively, and efficiently.
- Your track record includes exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- You bring strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a challenging and inquiring mind.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, Auto-specific verification vendor systems, and Tableau is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.