Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our innovative risk data science team. We do a lot of applied research from high-dimension, structured and unstructured data to solve business problems, and bring the solution to production to make the real business impact.
In this role, you should have critical thinking, highly analytical, and problem-solving skills. Also, you have passion to adopt any state-of-art machine learning algorithms and new big data tools/platform.
What You’ll be doing:
- Research and build innovative data driven solutions to enable business growth
- Extract insights from massive and highly complex data sets to identify credit and fraud risk patterns through advanced data mining and machine learning techniques, NLP is a plus
- Work with business owners, product managers and engineering teams in developing and deploying risk decisioning solutions, system enhancement, new product capabilities, trouble-shooting issues etc.
- Conduct on-going risk solutions/ strategy performance monitoring and re-optimization
- Perform various ad-hoc analysis relating to fraud and credit risk management, communicate and share insights
About You (Requirements):
- MS in a science or engineering field with 2+ years of relevant professional experience or a PhD degree with 1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Python, SQL/Hive/Presto, R or Groovy skills preferred. Experience with object-oriented computer programming and good understanding of big data is desirable.
- Proven experience in employing machine learning/analytics solution on real world problems
- Great communication and people skills; strong attention to details
- A collaborator with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
- Prior knowledge of Risk management technologies in the financial industry is a plus
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.