LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time.
We offer all the meaningful stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match.
And we've got awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We believe one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this visionary goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
As part of the LendingClub Data Technology team, this position will lead the critical architecture and development team responsible for our core analytic platform. Specific responsibilities include
- Grow and lead a team of data architects and engineers that design, build and support our core analytic platform.
- Help define our analytic platform strategy and socialize with key partners.
- Evangelize big data use cases and drive adoption across technology and business partners.
- Work closely with product management to deliver against platform goals as well as project commitments
- Drive planning, HW and SW upgrades, environment vision and build out, performance management and tuning, new SW evaluation, etc.
- Drive data quality framework solutions for data ecosystem.
- Work with Information Security department to ensure solutions align with corporate standards.
- Stay current with big data industry, advancements and open source initiatives.
- You've got a BS or above in Computer related field.
- You have at least 10 years of development experience in software development as well as data warehousing and associated technologies.
- You have been running development and technical team for at least 5 years
- You have had significant leadership experience in big data platform solutions, with current understanding of stack and common projects.
- At least 2+ years experience with cloud computing (AWS a plus)
- Solid background in data integration, staging, quality and distribution.
- You are knowledgeable in various Data Integration and RDMS technologies.
- You have hands on experience with Java application development and distributed systems.
- You love to be surrounded by talented and friendly people who enjoy coming to work every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.