LendingClub opened in 2007 with one simple mission: craft a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering excellent value and happiness to both borrowers and investors. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes" America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We’re super conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Are you passionate about immigration matters? LendingClub's People Success team is looking for an Immigration & Relocation Specialist to lead the US immigration program end-to-end and administrate our relocation program. You will work closely with our immigration law firm and relocation vendor to provide leadership and support in these areas, ensuring that our programs serve the employee population and meet business needs for hiring and retaining the best talent. Approximately 60-70% of the workload will be immigration related and 30-40% of the time will be dedicated to relocation matters.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of immigration matters and confidently communicate about the program both internally and externally.
- You will analyze complex matters, advise on challenges, and resolve issues by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk.
- You will assess and plan for regulatory/legislative changes that may impact the company’s immigration/relocation programs and/or employees. Execute change and communication plans precisely.
- You will optimize current processes to improve relocation program for employees by using data, feedback, knowledge and experience to understand trends and patterns, and identify actionable insights to drive innovative actions.
- You will educate key stakeholders through discussions and regular trainings on both immigration and relocation matters.
- You will serve as subject matter expert for Recruiting and the People Success Business Partner team to handle immigration functions including, but not limited to pre-offer immigration assessments, NIV and IV case initiations and escalations, and promotions and job transfers of foreign national employees.
- You will maintain compliance pertaining to Public Access Files, I-9 documentation, E-Verify, and USCIS site visits, and provide training to team members for additional support.
- You will partner with Accounting, Payroll, Tax, Finance, and other related teams to run billing, expenses, and budgeting for both the immigration and relocation programs.
- You will collaborate with vendors to ensure that timely and high-quality services are provided within agreed service levels, while also driving improvements for the future.
- 4-6 years of experience in the field, with in-depth knowledge of US immigration (both NIV and IV processes) and actively staying current with the ever-changing immigration landscape
- You have strong commitment to customer service, with a focus on empathy, cultural sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain complex issues and strategies or make recommendations across all levels of the company
- You have program management and vendor management skills, with an eye that actively looks for areas for process or policy improvement
- You can maintain the highest level of confidentiality and apply good judgment
- You are strong planning and execution skills, with the ability to work independently, multitask, and reprioritize in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You are able to handle ambiguity, creatively troubleshoot issues, and work well under pressure or with time crunches
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in other areas of Human Resources is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.