Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, open and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, LendingClub is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club Database operations team is hiring a self-motivated talented Database Administrator. If you are someone who wants to be involved with designing the architecture of a scalable Enterprise MySQL and Oracle database this is the place for you. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies and also possesses outstanding work ethic and a positive "get things done" attitude. Troubleshooting and analytical problem solving should be in your DNA with the big picture in mind, but at the same time has the ability to deep-dive into details to tackle complex problems.
- Performs database administration functions for Oracle database systems
- Architect new database designs
- Lead production and development Oracle database clusters
- Automate database deployments, upgrades, and monitoring
- Database migrations
- Assists application developers with tuning SQL in applications
- Implements Oracle High Availability (HA), partitioning and replication features
- Builds, loads, and refreshes databases for testing.
- Handle Goldengate replications
- On-Call rotation for database support
- 7+ years of experience engineering, administering and running relational databases (Oracle, MySQL/Percona, PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or related IT field preferred
- Preferred experience in Oracle Golden-Gate and real time data streaming technologies
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling
- Experience in crafting indexes, SQL queries, and resultant explanation of access paths for optimizing the SQL
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks
- Deep understanding of hardware performance, memory and I/O
- Experience installing and maintaining of database software
- Experience in Linux / Unix operating systems
- Good scripting/coding experience with any of the following: Unix Shell, Python and Ruby
Why Join Us?
We offer all the relevant stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, a 401K match, great food, game rooms, and a convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we're the clear global leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As one of our employees put it: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but LendingClub is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.