LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About Your Role:
Are you a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision? Does the FinTech world intrigue you? Do you believe in empowering those striving for financial success? If so, you'll join a high-performing Corporate Accounting team as a people manager reporting into our SVP, Corporate Controller. You'll lead an inclusive team with varying skill levels and form relationships throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in projects and initiatives. You'll also support the accurate valuation of LendingClub's expanding line of fixed income products held on the Corporate balance sheet and servicing rights for fixed income products sold and serviced for others.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coach, motivate, and mentor a team responsible for performing valuations of fixed income loans, securities, or servicing rights using LendingClub's existing valuation model.
- Present comparative valuation analytics across portfolios and identify drivers of valuation changes across periods.
- Drive and implement enhancements to LendingClub's valuation methodology and practices in concert with other teams.
- Partner with LendingClub's Credit Risk Management team to deliver high quality default and prepayment forecasts for use in portfolio valuations.
- Routinely analyze and explain key changes in valuations against performance expectations.
- Facilitate and respond to reviews of valuation models, processes and results by internal and independent auditors.
- Promote quantitative and fixed income expertise on your team.
- Manage team capacity and ensure project deliverables are met.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in a quantitative or analytics discipline.
- 10+ years of applied experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of principles of fixed income analytics including yield/cost/return analyses, credit risk and prepayment modeling
- Familiarity with statistical applications, preferably in the context of credit risk modeling and/or fixed income valuation.
- Proficient in the relationship between delinquencies, roll rates and ultimate default probabilities.
- Experience in using, building, reviewing, validating and/or implementing fixed income models.
- Ability to provide direction to managers and individual contributors.
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Ability to properly reflect future plans into current development of systems and organization structure
- High level of ethics and integrity coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Your leadership and influencing skills allow you to interact with others assertively, responsibly, and supportively while being collaborative
Nice to haves:
- Experience in SQL and either SAS, R or other equivalent data analytics tools.
- CPA with Big 4 Accounting experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.