LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Risk Manager, New Products, is responsible for leading and crafting new products risk strategy along with developing and tracking appropriate metrics. You will develop and implement critical risk strategies for LendingClub's Prime, Near Prime, and other new products. You will be responsible for finding new opportunities to improve yield for the investors while maintaining reasonable loss rate. LendingClub is innovating a new way of lending. You will identify new and different ways of bringing borrowers to LendingClub, taking calculated risks, using our state-of-the-art analytics.
- Develop underwriting and pricing strategy for new products through collaboration with Marketing, Loss forecasting, Product, Operation and Investor team
- Collaborate with the Product team to craft and test user experience to improve conversation rate, then measure and communicate the impact of your work
- Develop critical metrics and benchmarks to monitor all new products and present portfolio metrics and insights to exec team
- Act as a vital member of the team driving new product implementation, including pre-and-post-implementation auditing
- Work closely with Investor group to provide regular updates on portfolio performance and strategic changes that may impact Institutional Investors
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve insights
- Stay on top of industry trends and standard methodologies
- 7+ years of analytical and risk experience
- Track record of ideating and introducing successful new products
- Experience working in data driven environments and agility working with measurement and attribution models
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and a real passion for collaboration
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
- Strong technical skills such as SQL & SAS
- Located in the San Francisco Financial District, conveniently near Montgomery Street BART
- Comprehensive benefits and perks
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger, as we work together to empower those who strive to achieve financial success.