About Lending Club
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, open and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. We have built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we are the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we are radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time.
Who we're looking for
LendingClub’s Compliance Department is seeking talented individuals for a position as a Sr Regulatory Compliance Manager to support our borrower operations in a Compliance Advisory capacity supporting our Auto secured and Small Business operations. You will add to a strong risk management culture in San Francisco, and serve as the primary subject matter authority to the assigned businesses reporting into the LendingClub Compliance function.
You will help identify all the applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate potential risks to LendingClub’s lending businesses. You will be responsible for designing appropriate programs, advising business leaders on regulatory requirements and emerging regulatory risks, monitoring activities for compliance and reporting on risks and issues. You will also provide support and subject matter expertise for the evaluation and development of effective regulatory compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to stand as a credible second-line function challenger to the business, ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously handle a wide range of projects.
- You will design, implement, and monitor our compliance program for the company’s Auto secured and Small Business operations
- You will advise the business teams on consumer lending compliance laws and regulations
- You will provide guidance to business partners relating to business requirements and development of controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
- You will monitor regulatory/legal developments, assess impacts and provide oversight to ensure they are effectively communicated to business teams, and appropriate actions are taken
- You will ensure corporate compliance policies are applied and review procedures developed by the business
- You will support risk assessment activities
- You will support and run the consumer complaint response program
- You will establish and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
- You will design and implement internal risk governance processes
- You will ensure coordination with our specialized compliance teams (BSA/AML, Testing Team, Advisory, Investor Compliance) on matters that relate to the Auto secured and Small Business operations
- You will support and handle reviews by internal and external auditors, regulatory agencies and ensure timely closure of action items and remediation plan.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 to 10 years of financial services experience, primarily in compliance, risk management and/or audit functions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Self-starter, with ability to think independently, take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and issues encountered
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and changes in scope / direction
- Demonstrated application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA Including Red Flags Rule, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP and GLBA.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules and regulations and creatively apply to LendingClub’s business model
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Experience as a leader or manager of a small team is preferred, though not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.