LendingClub (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns. Since launching in 2007, we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. We're proud to be recognized as a leader for our growth and innovation, including being named a CNBC Disruptor 50. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
As a key member of the New Product Development team, you will be responsible for managing and crafting new products risk strategy along with developing and tracking appropriate metrics. You will develop and implement the underwriting and pricing strategy for LendingClub’s Super Prime, Near Prime loan and other new products. You will find opportunities to improve yield for the investors while maintaining reasonable loss rate. LendingClub is pioneering a new way of lending, and you will need to identify new and different ways of bringing borrowers to LendingClub and take calculated risks based on the findings of the data.
- You will manage the development of new product underwriting and pricing strategy through collaboration with Marketing, Loss forecasting, Product, Operation and Investor team.
- You will collaborate with products on creating and testing user experience to improve conversation rate; measure and communicate impact of new products and user experience to leadership team
- You will develop critical metrics and benchmarks to monitor all new products and present portfolio metrics and insights to exec team
- You will work closely with product on new products implementation including pre and post implementation auditing
- You will partner with the Investor group on providing regular updates and communicating portfolio performance and strategy changes to Institutional Investors
- You will experiment with new tools and techniques to improve insights while staying on top of industry trends and standard methodologies
- 6+ years of analytical and risk experience
- A history of ideating and introducing successful new products
- Experience working in data driven environments and comfort working with measurement and attribution models.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
- Strong technical skills such as SQL & SAS.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger, as we work together to empower those who strive to achieve financial success.