LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Sr. Technical Accounting Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. You will be an individual contributor who is able work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. You are able to establish links throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in processes and projects and work through preliminary analysis of issues with the Director of Technical Accounting. You will work closely with the SEC Reporting department, Legal, and external auditors.
About the Role:
- You will provide technical accounting support on new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues through preparation of U.S. GAAP accounting policy memos and technical position papers. Specific areas of focus include consolidation (ASC 810), transfers and servicing (ASC 860), and beneficial interests (ASC 325-40).
- You will assist in operationalizing complex transactions and function as a liaison for Controllership with the Investor Group and Legal Department on new initiatives including considering impacts on operational accounting.
- Act as a collaborator with the Legal Department to review new or changed contracts related to securitizations, loan sales, and new legal entities to identify accounting implications.
- You will lead implementation of new accounting standards and monitor emerging accounting standards during the exposure draft period to interpret impact to LendingClub.
- Maintain the Accounting Policy Manual by providing additions and enhancements.
- You will support the SEC Reporting team with new disclosures or other complex financial reporting considerations.
- Assists with external audit activities including technical accounting work performed over new, complex transactions, or changes in existing policies.
About You (Requirements):
- Certified Public Accountant
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with complex accounting research and technical accounting memo writing
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.