LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
LendingClub’s Retail Investor group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital through retail customers to fund loan products on our platform. We are passionate about providing competitive returns and the opportunity to invest with purpose through access to this unique asset class.
Do you have experience leading a high-performing service teams? Are you ready for your next challenge? We're seeking a bright, motivated, articulate service leader to coach and mentor a rapidly growing Retail Investor Service team.
Retail investors look to LendingClub to help them achieve a variety of investment goals. They invest in LendingClub Notes to accomplish objectives such as generating income and diversifying their portfolios. You'll help facilitate a world-class customer experience for our investors through positivity, curiosity, authenticity, education, expertise, and transparency.
If you enjoy working in an evolving, intellectually challenging, data driven, test and learn culture with some truly amazing teammates, then this is the right position for you. The team is passionate about serving investors through phone and email interactions and is constantly looking for ways to enhance the investor experience. We have a highly motivated team of service professionals who are committed to their own professional development and are looking for a leader to help guide them to the highest performance levels.
You'll work closely with sales, marketing, operations, analytics, legal, compliance, and product teams while leading a team that includes two distinct service functions (inbound phone and email) across approximately ten people. You'll report directly to the Director, Retail Investor Sales & Service.
- Manage a team comprised of service associates responsible for an extraordinary customer service experience
- Monitor calls, live shadow, teach service and communication best practices, and coach for performance continuously
- Constantly stress the importance of curiosity and identifying the “need behind the need”
- Actively partner with colleagues to identify outreach opportunities to “surprise and delight” investors
- Deliver business results and hit performance targets (productivity activities, business development leads to sales, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Create an engaging culture where team members are held accountable to results, work effectively together, grow personally and professionally, and have fun
- Demonstrate leadership across the Investor Group as a key member of a united management team
- Use data to measure impact of the team, identify business opportunities, and test the effectiveness of new programs
- On-board new hires quickly and effectively and provide ongoing training to continually develop soft and hard skills
- Motivate and inspire the team to increasingly hit higher levels of performance, and report progress regularly to upper management
- Recruit and maintain a constant talent pipeline to help aid the group’s growth
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Highly effective, thoughtful communicator
- Passionate people leader with positive, upbeat approach to daily activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Track record of being an exceptional service person
- Energized by interaction and finding ways to connect with other people
- Previous people management experience strongly preferred
- Strong investment knowledge with previous financial services or FinTech industry experience strongly preferred
- Self-motivated multi-tasker who meets deadlines and works with a sense of urgency
- Hands-on problem-solving approach
- Proven ability to hire, coach, develop, and train service professionals
- Capacity to analyze complex problems, contribute a point of view, and occasionally disagree professionally while still committing to an approach
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequently changing environment
- Expert in maximizing productivity through process optimization
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger, as we work together to empower those who strive to achieve financial success.