Lending Club is looking to hire a VP of Decision Sciences and Credit Risk CoE. The position reports to the Chief Credit Officer for Lending Club. The successful candidate will have broad experience working in the consumer credit industry, preferably specializing in credit risk management. A quantitative background is essential and deep experience in the development and use of statistical models. A primary focus for this role is to set the strategic direction and direction across several areas within credit risk including new statistical model/scorecard development, Collections CoE and risk governance. This position will engage heavily with partners across the organization including credit strategy, marketing, operations, engineering and risk/modeling oversight; as well as, engage external parties.
- Functional responsibilities span all Lending Club lending products- Personal Loans, Auto, Purchase Finance and Small Business
- Decision Sciences- Lead teams responsible for developing statistical models and scorecards in several areas including: credit underwriting, loan pricing, forecasting, collections and, response targeting
- Ensure an efficient infrastructure for model development, documentation, implementation, and validation.
- Set agenda for continuous evolution of tools and innovations this includes new data sources and modeling techniques
- Review and set strategic direction for collections and loss mitigation strategies in partnership with Operations
- Credit CoE- Lead teams to develop comprehensive portfolio and collections strategy monitoring, strategy enhancement, and review of operational effectiveness. Additional team responsible for ensuring robust processes are in place and maintained to monitor credit strategies and compliance with internal policies and gov’t regulations
- Participate in industry forums to benchmark Lending Club tools, techniques, processes and strategy performance.
- Total team size of 20 associates across decisions sciences, collections strategy and risk governance.
- Consumer credit portfolio risk management and decision science experience
- Credit strategy development experience is required. Collections strategy experience is a plus
- Hand-on experience on predictive modeling methods (e.g., logistic regression, multivariate linear regression, decision tree, cluster analysis, etc.), familiar with other data mining/machine learning techniques a plus
- Strong knowledge of applicable regulations and industry practices
- Ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and business topics across all levels of management. Experience communicating with senior executives and regulators
- Ability to influence and drive change cross-functionally
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred
- 15+ years of relevant business experience