Lending Club opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the largest online credit marketplace and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We are proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You have a passion for technology risk management and you also have the experience and skills to back it up. The only thing missing is an organization that understands what you have to offer, supports your growth, and provides you a chance to shine.We are seeking an experienced risk professional who is looking to move beyond the red/yellow/green matrix and checklist compliance and do real evidence-based, data driven work that truly makes a difference. We offer the opportunity to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values and offer a chance to create new things and expand your capabilities. As a Senior Technology Risk Manager, you will be responsible for all phases of technology and information security risk management: threat modeling, assessing control effectiveness, conducting risk assessments, communicating results and monitoring remediation. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the chance to inspire and influence decisions, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal partners. You are skilled in risk management, information security, and IT and have an inquisitive personality that is constantly looking for better ways to do things.
- Assist with developing and maturing the Technology Risk program.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative risk assessments on Information Technology, Information Security, Third Party Vendor, and other relevant company risks, recommend mitigation strategies, and work with internal partners to assign monitoring responsibility.
- Help align risk activities to common frameworks, such as FFIEC and ISO.
- Use external and internal incident data, research and metrics to perform threat modeling and resolve frequency of loss events.
- Contribute to Lending Club s security metrics program: define, capture, and report on key risk indicators and key performance indicators.
- Author and update meaningful risk policies and standards.
- Maintain the Company s Risk Register and communicate risk to management.
- Interpret risk and compliance requirements and supply actionable and sustainable implementations.
- Perform vendor security assessment and make substantial contributions to process improvements.
- Build and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers with the intention to exceed customer expectations.
- Generate creative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Empower Lending Club's culture of rapid innovation while promoting security and developing trust.
- Minimum of 5 years of information security and/or risk management and advisory experience.
- Professional certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC or CIPP.
- Experienced at conducting quantitative and qualitative risk assessments using common methodologies (e. g. NIST, OCTAVE, FAIR).
- Well-versed in various information security and risk frameworks/standards (e. g. ISO 31000, ISO 2700x, NIST 800 series).
- Familiar with a variety of technical concepts: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
- Concise and clear communication at all levels of an organization, conveying complicated technology and security concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish clear priorities.
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly and have strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced, high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics or related field. Preferred Skills
- Financial Services or Technology experience