Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
As a Technical Writer at LendingClub, you’ll take complex financial and technical concepts and communicate them clearly as standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, release announcements, and customer communications. You will gather information on business processes and develop documentation in Confluence. Juggling multiple projects and driving their successful and timely completion is your forte. You’ll work across teams to collect information, distill and clarify it, and produce complete documentation that is both easy to follow and easy to use. You anticipate technical challenges; you strive to develop industry-leading deliverables that build a great user experience.
- Evaluate existing business processes and translate into accurate, consistent, and concise documentation that follows a logical flow
- Be able to quickly learn, understand, and communicate complex concepts to internal and external audiences
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content, including SOPs, policies, and direct customer emails from conceptual stage to deployment and then ongoing maintenance
- Analyze existing and new content for reuse and single-source opportunities
- Coordinate and lead meetings with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders
- Collaborate with business owners, business analysts, product managers, legal, and compliance
- Share your work and provide feedback to colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years technical writing experience, with 1+ years preferred experience in financial services
- High-level written communication, problem solving, and time management skills—the ability to balance high-quality work standards against time constraints
- Uncommon thoroughness, attention to detail, and systematic writing process
- High-energy, positive, and flexible teammate that collaborates well to achieve consensus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
- Experience in Confluence, JIRA, OmniGraffle, and graphic editing tools - a bonus!
- Portfolio of original content, along with proven experience producing writing that is easily understandable to a wide audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.