Lending Club opened in 2007 with one simple mission: craft a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering excellent value and happiness to both borrowers and investors. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes" America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We’re super conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
You will be joining an amazing group of dedicated experts that collectively focus on "the business of technology." Your mission is to help up keep LendingClub safe, secure and aligned with company objectives and commitments will innovating and never accepting the status quo.
About the Role
You are a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can lead and prioritize an evolving workload in an energizing environment with minimal supervision. This person is an individual contributor who is able to develop relationships throughout the company to facilitate the development of a centralized process for responding to third part data requests and questionnaires. The individual additionally has experience in designing and implementing processes, and internal controls, to support implementation of policies within the technology organization. This role will report to Director, Technology Assurance.
You will have a deep understanding of all aspects of technology risk management and controls and how to ensure they are properly designed, communicated, maintained and governed. Focus will be on issue remediation, driving adoption and building repeatable, proven procedures to affirm alignment with objectives. Build repeatability and consistency in third-party documentation requests through standards and libraries. Desire to drive exceptions to closure. Work with leadership in crafting a culture of evolving maturity and compliance to company obligations.
- Develop a third-party assurance program to respond to various third-party requests related to technology processes, controls and infrastructure, e.g. third-party questionnaires, regulatory forms and inquiries, investor data requests.
- Develop relationships with various technology partners and identify the appropriate parties to provide responses to the various third-party request types and categories.
- Design and build a centralized repository of responses provided historically, to allow for consistency in the third-party response process, driving efficiency in data gathering for new requests.
- Assist with issue monitoring and follow-up through check-ins with technology owners, to provide reporting on progress of remediation plans, as requested by internal partners as well as third parties.
- Assist technology partners in implementation of necessary processes and controls to meet minimum requirements set forth in key Technology Policies, ensuring the controls are adequately designed to meet their objectives within the Company’s distinctive environment.
- Working knowledge of technology controls and risk management
- Excellent written, verbal & influencing skills with experience in policy/standard/guideline development
- Dedication and desire to organize, standardize & lead issues, documents and request to closure
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related preferred.
- CISA, CGEIT, CRISC or similar certification preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Technology Compliance, Technology Assurance or related experience.
- Financial services or similar, highly regulated industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls.
- Practical knowledge of COSO, ISO27001, ISO27002, NIST Cybersecurity, COBIT, PCI or related frameworks.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at a time and prioritize accordingly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.