The future of wireless networks is ubiquitous, dynamic and cloud managed. Mist is building these next generation wireless networks and is looking for seasoned embedded firmware developers to help us build them.
- Bring up Mist systems firmware for new 802.11 access point hardware.
- Write high performance device drivers for wireless and wired networking.
- Write system software to collect analyze and distribute 802.11 wireless statistics.
- Write software to dynamically manage groups of 802.11 devices.
- Work with our hardware engineers to define new products.
- Work with our data analytics engineers to build smart/reactive wireless networks.
- Work with our customers and product managers to fix issues and develop new features.
- Take the initiative in creating customer value with technical solutions.
- Persistence, creativity and a can-do problem solving attitude.
- Extensive C code experience
- Experience developing for the Linux kernel and OS.
- Ability to work up and down the embedded stack: boot loader, device drivers, kernel, user space.
- Strong knowledge of 802.11/WiFi protocols.
- Strong knowledge of wired protocols.
- Strong knowledge of CPU architecture.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- High level systems language. E.g. Python, Go, etc.
- Assembly language. E.g. ARM, MIPS, X86
- Low-level JTAG debugging.
- Broadcom or QCA wireless drivers.
- ARM CPU architecture.
- Board bringup
- Security protocols