Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a new kind of health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see -- because transparency is kind of our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, e-comm whizzes, and straight up hustlers. We’re small, well-funded, and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player and questioner who refuses to settle for pseudoscience and thinks outside of the traditional marketing box, we want you.
What You'll Do
You are obsessed with building cutting-edge customer experiences that transform how people interact with CPG brands. As a customer-centric brand marketer, you think holistically about the entire customer journey and all of the touchpoints -- brand discovery, purchase, the unboxing experience, and the post-purchase lifecycle. And in doing so, you will have ideas on how to measure and optimize these pieces of the customer journey through the lenses of lifetime value, brand loyalty, and word-of-mouth. At Ritual, we believe the relationship with the customer is the most sacred element of a direct to consumer business, and you will dream up all the ways we convert our customers into best friends for life.
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing e-comm brand as a first mover in our marketing organization? If so, you’ll have autonomy, partner with the heads of each department, and drive strategy for a mission-driven brand that is reinventing an industry and rapidly scaling. The cards are stacked in your favor, so what are you waiting for?
This role requires a broad skill set and the right candidate will be a confident and inspirational manager while also being strategic, creative; they will enjoy problem-solving and always want to push boundaries. If you gravitate towards “Name Your Job” applications because traditional marketing roles are too “traditional”, this might be the job for you.
As a Retention Lead, you’ll:
- Lead the ideation, prioritization and testing process of new ideas, focusing on breaking new ground and uncovering customer engagement opportunities that the company is not leveraging today.
- Develop a data-driven process to rank ideas against key business metrics/plans. Present findings and results to management and other stakeholders.
- Oversee customer engagement marketing channels like email, SMS/messenger, print, and packaging and explore new ways to engage customers through experiences and events. Email marketing experience is a plus.
- Dig into any other area of our marketing efforts where you can make an impact.
- Work with customer insights and acquisition marketing teams to develop a better understanding of the Ritual customer, and develop segmentation strategies and content accordingly.
- Have the highest standards for building Ritual brand equity, brand awareness, and driving LTV.
Who you are
- Someone who gets things done. You’re comfortable acting as a one (wo)man show and/or a project leader of five in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Innovative. This is not your average CRM gig. We don’t want tried-and-true. Let’s explore new territory and reimagine what retention means.
- A versatile player. You add value at ground zero and 30,000 feet. You are as comfortable executing an A/B test as you are setting a strategic vision.
- Humble. You believe that what worked yesterday may not work today, and have a never-ending curiosity that drives you to learn and innovate.
- Communicator. You write well, understand the power of storytelling, and can parse through the numbers to uncover the story within.
- Analytical. You have strong quantitative skills and a natural inclination to base decisions on data.
- Gutsy. You understand that not all decisions can be made solely with numbers, and can blend art with science to guide key decisions.