Through its market-leading financial management solution, VisitPay is using data, analytics and software to address the growing crisis of how consumers deal with and manage massive increases in out-of-pocket medical services. We are seeking a Sr. Decision Scientist with deep subject matter expertise to join our team. Working with our team of business leaders, statisticians, data analysts and business analysts, the Sr. Decision Scientist will spearhead our decision science agenda and help shape our business strategy which is fueled by sophisticated, custom models that cut through the vast array of hospital and third party data and generate powerful and actionable segmentations.
- Collaborating with the business analysis and client solutions teams to frame the business problem at hand and develop the conceptual model for how to quantitatively develop business solutions and answer problems through rigorous testing and analysis
- Understanding, collecting and transforming requisite data
- Constructing statistical models and assessing their quality with appropriate downstream monitoring
- Designing experiments (tests) and analyzing their results
- Communicating results and recommendations to others
- Identifying opportunities to apply statistics to improve performance in high leverage aspects of VisitPay’s business or in key aspects of our clients’ businesses
- Coaching and mentoring junior analysts
- Creating predictive models using generalized linear models such as linear regression and logistic regression or using data mining methods such as stochastic gradient boosting and random forests.
- Implementing statistical models and ensuring their accuracy
- Analyzing/summarizing data for the purpose of making recommendations
- Communicating clearly and concisely to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Influencing others though articulate arguments made verbally, in writing and through presentation decks
- Independently managing projects to timely completion
- Ability to quickly learn new data and data environments; ability to grasp, frame, and solve business problems at both the conceptual and data level
- Masters degree in Statistics or similar quantitative field of study such as mathematics, economics, physics or industrial engineering, PhD in Statistics preferred
- Proficiency in R, SAS, Python or similar statistical programming package
- Working knowledge of SQL
- 2+ years experience as a data scientist or statistician in a commercial setting
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A motivation to learn and improve
- Experience with relational databases
- Exceptional R programming skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Direct experience overseeing model monitoring and governance
- Experience with consumer credit and lending models
The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete HIPAA compliance training and submit to a background check.
The desired location for this position is in our primary offices in Boise, Idaho. However, other options will be considered for a strong candidate who has a proven ability to work remotely and is willing to travel to our main office on a regular basis (e.g. a week per month).