What’s JoyRun? It’s getting food delivered from your favorite resturant when you’re stuck in the library basement, or scoring a scantron from someone that’s already at the bookstore. It’s Finally being able to afford that spring break trip you’ve always planned, or your saving grace before rent is due. Put simply, JoyRun is a delivery app that connects students in need with students out to earn Not to mention, JoyRun is full of familiar faces. So goodbye random pizza delivery dude and hello friendly classmate, sorority sister, lab partner, or roommate! We are a Silicon Valley startup backed by the original investors in Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb.
As a full stack tools developer, you will develop scalable tools for our operations team. Since we are a start up, priorities change and you should thrive under such conditions. We are seeking a full time contractor with the possibility of a permanent position based on performance.
- Develop Java APIs to integrate with the data model
- Develop React front end to integrate with those APIs
- Design and architect new tools to help operations scale
- 2 - 4 years of professional software development experience
- Excellent programing skills in an object oriented language
- Familiarity with relational databases, Java, CSS, and HTML
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Quick learner
Nice to have:
- In depth knowledge of Java and/or React
- Knowledge of a scripting language
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Agile