Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Partnership Account Manager will be the primary position focused exclusively on the development of development of wholesale accounts with the ultimate goal of the owning and growing the accounts in the Canadian market The manager will have experience within the Geo including managing department store, big box and / or specialty accounts. Experience should include accounts sufficiently large to cover all major Canadian Urban and Suburban markets. Familiarity with all aspects of account management including product knowledge, planning and allocation, EDI and commerce hub ( or similar ) interface, co-op marketing, product delivery cadence and both I store and e-com business.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Oversee execution and management of Canadian wholesale partner(s) including department stores, big box and / or specialty accounts
- Own external launch of new partnerships; structure deals and manage budgets
- Partner with SVP Commercial and Director/VP of Wholesale and Canadian Country Director to drive strategic direction for wholesale partners
- Partner with tech, finance operations, creative and product teams to launch partnerships and optimize business performance
- Partner with planning team to build and revise projections, identify risk and upside opportunity and roll accounts into global annual and demand plans
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute marketing initiatives with partners to ensure the success of the accounts.
- Partner with the Canadian Team on key goals and targets for the wholesale business in Canada and align on key wholesale objectives with both the Partnership team and the Canada Team
- Act as the glue, acting as key communicator, informer and liaison between the Canada team and the partnerships team
- Participate in weekly commercial business review meeting as key stakeholder
- Present account specific marketing opportunities
- Work with buyers and PD to develop market specific needs and opportunities including seasonal products, exclusive products and bilingual packaging
- Identify, react and create new opportunities to drive business with an account
- Build and maintain relationships with retail partners
- Represent the Casper brand and core values
- Review all PO’s and coordinate EDI integration, 3PL and warehouse integration relative to account
- Bring on site expertise to competitor set within the GEO
- Report to the VP/Sr. Director of Partnerships
Our dream candidate is...
- Five years minimal account manager level experience working for a known brand conducting wholesale business within Canada
- Excellent retail math skills including all margin reviews
- Experience negotiating key business points including margin, RTV’s, Marketing allowances etc.
- Excellent excel and associated skills and use of all Microsoft Suite and Google programs
- Excellent team member within The Global Partnership Team
- Experience presenting to accounts
- Excellent communication skills including but not limited to keeping both direct and functional superiors apprised of all relevant daily account updates
- Ability to maintain excellent records of all meeting and create/communicate accurate meeting notes
- Ability to communicate cross functionally with all internal partners including finance, legal, marketing, logistics, tech, ops., retail and experience.
- Belief in The Casper Brand and culture and the relevance of a good night’s sleep
- BA in business, finance or liberal arts
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!