As a Sales Engineer for Act-On Software's sales team your daily activities include hosting product demonstrations for potential Act-On customers, understanding customer workflows and requirements, demonstrating Act-On as a solution for customer needs, collaborating with product management on product development, and articulating customer solutions to the Customer Success team when prospects become customers.
Additional areas of responsibility: sales support, on-going training for the sales team, respond to technical and functional elements of RFPs/RFIs, and maintenance of the Act-On demonstration environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient using a SaaS solution for online demonstrations
- Technical capacity to become an Act-On expert
- Software technology background
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing and SaaS solution selling
- Experience in leading product demonstrations and online sales meetings
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to quickly understand customer needs and communicate a solution
- Demonstrated ability to work in an online sales environment
- Previous employment working for a SaaS company preferred
- Ability to analyze data with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Previous experience working in sales overlay / sales support preferred
- Well-organized, attentive to details, and possess clear communication and relationship skills
- Technical curiosity and a desire to fully explore the technology at hand is a big plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent written, phone, video chat, and communication skills
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and expectations; detail oriented
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience with API’s and XML a plus.
- Additional preferred experience with Salesforce.com, Sugar CRM, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketing Automation, website hosting, and SEO.
- Previous experience working with Marketing Automation software a plus.