Act-On Software is looking for professionals that have previous sales experience or a high degree of interest in sales! The primary goal of the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is to increase the qualified pipeline of new opportunities for our Account Executives. Act-On helps companies do better marketing. We empower marketers by helping them implement a multichannel marketing approach. Our team is growing and we are looking for future sales leaders who can take Act-On to new heights.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Team up & work closely with our sales team to develop and execute sales communication with targeted customers.
- Partner with sales leaders to develop communication strategy via phone, email and chat to follow-up, nurture, and qualify leads generated by marketing campaigns.
- Prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities.
- Schedule online product demonstrations for sales team (Regional Sales Managers).
- Consult & team with internal sales to ensure quality of demonstrations being scheduled.
- Keep abreast of the industry and technologies to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers.
- Learn our lead management processes and use Salesforce.com to document your interactions with prospects.
- Develop a strategy with Account Management team to conduct proactive outbound calling tactics to penetrate and teach best practices for our customers.
- Develop and maintain territory including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a successful sales role OR a strong passion/interest in a selling career.
- Hunger for career growth.
- Desire to learn new technology, meet and exceed goals & ramp quickly.
- Manage prospect objections by gracefully countering and sharing best practices from our customers & sophisticated marketers.
- Ability to work in high-energy sales team environment as a team player.
- Natural leader with positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.