Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking an Experience Design Manager to manage the operations of our Experience Design team and scale design impact by guiding key experience design initiatives from strategy through execution.
This individual will run project management for large retail experience design projects, as well as oversee broader departmental operations for all retail & retail partnership projects.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
Experience Team Operations & Process Design:
- Pipeline planning. Review all incoming experience design projects with regard to budget, schedule, and team bandwidth feasibility. Track and manage the experience design team’s capacity, forecasting when we will need to engage outside resources to scale up, and/or guiding prioritization of what can or can’t be completed.
- Scope and oversee project processes. Work with the team to scope the phases, activities and resources needed for a range of projects, including retail store launches, retail partnership launches, and in-store visual updates. Develop a consistent playbook such that designers can guide their own process, manage to their own deadlines and set their own meetings as much as possible. Ensure teams are tracking toward milestones, within budget and without compromising brand integrity.
- Optimize cross-departmental workflow. Develop and refine internal processes and workflows between departments. Help catalyze cross-functional alignment and momentum, moving things forward across the organization. Facilitate collaboration across different teams to get necessary inputs into decision-making.
Project Management & Strategy for key Retail & Retail Partnership Initiatives:
- Project Management for retail store experience development. Guide design process for Store 1.0 and Store 2.0. Manage day to day workflow with the external design agency for these initiatives.
- Project Management for retail partnership experience development. Work with the Creative Operations team to execute Retail Partnership experience development, ensuring creative and experience teams are working together to deliver great design work on time.
- Guide design toward business goals.
For the above initiatives:
- Establish clear goals based on company priorities, and be a constant force toward steering and aligning design efforts against those goals. Help drive teams toward the highest impact outcome -- proactively communicating throughout the development process to keep everyone on track.
- Drive decisions on tradeoffs between timeline, quality / performance, and budget, ultimately ensuring design efforts are going into the things that achieve the highest impact. Advise on design direction-- balancing feasibility, business viability, brand and UX.
- Use intuition to steer and course-correct a design process when needed-- clarifying goals, adapting activities, or pulling in stakeholders as appropriate.
Our dream candidate is...
- 3-5 years working in a digital product management capacity
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and proactively identify new projects in retail and digital environments across channels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and requests without fail
- Familiarity with product management, operations and retail design planning
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing, and provide clear direction on projects
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!