Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The Junior Accountant would be responsible for to helping close the books, account reconciliations, and many other ad hoc projects.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare account reconciliations as appropriate
- Prepare journal entries as appropriate
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations for each Bank Account
- OPEX Accounting for Tech, Ops, IT, Finance, Legal, and Facilities
- Support annual financial statement audit process
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Master Ledger and Depreciation Schedules
- Coordinate with the A/P manager on invoice coding, T&E processing, and month-end close processes
- Work with I/T - Tech and other departments to streamline processes
- Other responsibilities / adhoc projects assigned by the Accounting Manager as the nature of the company continues to evolve
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!