Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing and Quality team in our San Francisco. The Manufacturing Engineer will report into our Director of Engineering and work closely with our Product Design and Supply Chain teams to ensure the highest level of quality of Casper's products. This role has the opportunity to be based out of NYC or San Francisco, CA.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Provide fabric development solutions that deliver quality support to the business. Lead fabric issue resolution and troubleshooting of fabric related issues.
- Lead and develop new product qualification process.
- Work closely with internal and external mills to finalize specifications, performance and price.
- Identify improvement opportunities for existing fabrics and implement actions to accomplish improvements, which include performance enhancements and cost reductions.
- Organize visits to production units, conduct in-line controls before final controls, organize inspection dates, make suppliers link with third party inspectors and book dates.
- Understand test requirements, familiar with quality manuals, take decision & orient lab technicians.
- Create and manage all operating procedures and control plans for textile products.
- Work with QA teams to review quality reports on daily basis and help develop solutions.
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Engineering.
- 3-6 years experience in textile manufacturing
- Strong experience in quality controls, factory audits and product development.
- Good command of basic textile production processes (e.g. spinning, weaving, knitting).
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- 6 Sigma and ISO quality system knowledge preferred.
- Strong project management and cross-functional working style preferred.
- Must love sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!