Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Operations Manager Last Mile (m/f) to join our EU Operations Team. You will build and grow efficient and effective processes for ensuring deliveries and returns in Europe and you will establish and manage relationships with our last mile delivery partners and other service providers. In addition, you will be the driving force behind designing and implementing processes and executing day to day logistics responsibilities.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Manage and oversee all last-mile operations in EU (parcel, courier, white-glove) incl. returns
- Ensure superior customer experience through fast and reliable delivery of Casper products
- Proactively coordinate and troubleshoot with delivery partners
- Design and manage our returns process (parcel and white glove)
- Manage relations and tech interfaces with logistics partners (parcel, courier, white glove, returns) in all relevant markets
- Develop new and creative solutions and optimize processes
- Contact point for CH customs process
- Define and manage main goals/KPIs and react promptly to deviations and problems
- Drive performance with data, reporting relevant metrics to the leadership team to continuously improve
- Work closely with our Supply Chain, Warehousing, Tech and CX teams and coordinate cross-functional topics
- Manage TECH-OPS and CX-OPS interfaces (react on immediate issues to ensure shipping on time and follow up with long term solutions if needed)
Our dream candidate...
- Has minimum of 3-5 years experience in logistics, preferably in an innovative, industry leading e-commerce organization as well as within a consulting company, e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Roland Berger (people management and leadership experience is a plus)
- Has Bachelor’s degree with a focus on logistics/operations management, Master/MBA is a plus
- Has strong experience in relationship management with 3rd party service providers
- Is willing and passionate to grow and develop a team
- Is highly motivated/committed and able to work in fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Is a strong analytical mind and strategic thinker, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Is reliable and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has strong problem-solving skills with hands on mentality who understands how to work with all types of personalities
- Is fluent in English and German with excellent written and verbal communication skills, other European languages a big plus
- Has good knowledge of MS Office tools and interest in last mile analytics tools
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A cool office in Berlin Mitte
- Catered lunches twice a week to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!