Casper is seeking a passionate, creative and human-centered Senior Industrial Designer to join our San Francisco studio. We’re looking for someone who wants to help build our brand vision by crafting delightful objects with great form and function. We have a broad and ambitious development pipeline that spans soft goods, furniture, accessories and electronics.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Participate in the entire development process, from design research and initial insights through form definition, feature development, CMF details and the creation of detailed documentation for production
- Collaborate with other design disciplines (design research, engineering, graphic design, production, etc.) and across other functions within the company (supply chain, marketing, consumer experience, communications, etc.)
- Create physical and visual assets throughout the entire design and development process: sketching, creating prototypes, 3D CAD modeling, renderings and detailed design drawings
- Provide mentorship to junior designers
Our dream candidate is...
- You’re both highly creative and practical; your designs are both beautiful and functional
- A designer who sees how a solution fits into a larger strategy, and also enjoys diving into the details, (you see the forest and the trees)
- You have designed consumer products (ideally electronics/smart home) that have gone into production, and understand what it takes to make that happen
- You are passionate about creating delightful moments across the entire user experience
- You build to think; you’re as comfortable sketching and building physical prototypes as you are working in 3D CAD
- 8+ years of industrial design experience, including 2+ years leading projects
- A deep understanding of the principles, tools and processes for product design and development
- Portfolio including a range of product types (high tech, low tech, soft goods) that have gone into production.
- Experience in a design consultancy and/or an in-house design team (ideally both)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Industrial or Product Design
- Adept at Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot and Rhino, Solidworks, or other 3D CAD software
- Willing and able to work in San Francisco, CA
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!