Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking an experienced Packaging Design Lead to join our studio in San Francisco. We are growing our brand to be synonymous with sleep, and have a broad and ambitious development pipeline that spans soft goods, furniture, accessories and electronics.
We spend a huge amount of time and effort to develop very considered and uniquely wonderful products and experiences. We’re looking for someone who wants to help build our brand vision by crafting thoughtful, beautiful and delightful packaging for our entire product portfolio.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Conceive of thoughtful and unique packaging designs, considering both graphic and structural elements, as well as the consumers’ out of box experience
- Design for multiple sizes and SKUs, and implement logical systems for packaging across a broad range of products, with varying materials, weights, shapes and sizes
- Follow through diligently with details of all projects from concept to production, making rounds of corrections, creating comps as needed, making changes as necessary
- Create accurate design specs for handoff to production, and an understanding of applying design standards
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams such as: product designers, brand, marketing, copywriters and operations to get early input for concepts and key messaging
- Work with our production team and vendors to deliver thorough and accurate documentation on all jobs
Our dream candidate is...
- Highly creative, with strong conceptual thinking, typography and illustration skills
- Enjoys diving into the details as well as seeing the big picture
- Flexible and versatile, detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Has real world experience designing branded packaging for retail or ecommerce, from concept through production, and know how to problem solve and work within technical constraints
- Designs in 2D and 3D -- you’re as comfortable building physical mock-ups as you are designing on a computer screen
- Has an interest and aptitude in thinking about and working with the physical materials and processes of packaging--corrugate, papers, plastics, printing, laminates, molded forms, etc.
- Has 8+ years of packaging design experience, including 2+ years leading projects and people
- Detail oriented, organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Has experience in a design or branding consultancy and/or an in-house packaging design team; ecommerce experience a plus
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of packaging work across different materials, sizes and forms
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Graphic Design
- Strong Adobe CC skills
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!)
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of yogurt anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
***Please provide portfolio/packaging samples when applying:)
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!