LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Platform Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, Software Engineering
As Platform Engineer you’ll be responsible for leading the architecture and implementation of new features and capabilities for our highly-scalable, secure messaging platform. The successful candidate is an accomplished architect and hands-on engineer with multiple large-scale, distributed services under their belt and has a passion for building distributed, mission-critical systems.
What You'll Own:
- Own the end-to-end architecture for our secure messaging platform
- Deliver ongoing feature and performance improvements for the leading healthcare messaging infrastructure
- Work closely with the client and product teams to refine requirements for technical implementation
- Provide technology leadership to ensure the architecture of a robust, scalable, secure product platform
- Deliver innovative technology solutions that enable new product features and ongoing performance improvements
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure automated testing and verification of platform updates
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to ensure all system metrics are measurable and tracked
What You've Accomplished:
- BS degree or higher in CS, EE or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in software engineering, 3+ years experience with Erlang required
- Experience architecting large-scale services platforms for scale, security, and reliability
- Strong systems analysis and design skills
- A thorough understanding of modern development practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Cassandra and Healthcare IT experience a plus
What You Bring to the Table:
- Ability to motivate and engage with high-performance teams in the delivery of innovative solutions at start-up speed
- A team player who enjoys communicating technical designs and decisions to the team and leading them in delivery
- The wisdom to always be thinking ahead and ability to deliver durable, lasting architectures
- An insatiable appetite for learning new approaches, technologies and architectures and maturity to apply these judiciously
- Able to deftly deliver complex solutions on an aggressive timeline without sacrificing quality or flexibility
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.