At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
BlueJeans is looking for talented people to join our ever expanding Site Reliability Engineering team. The SRE team engages with software development teams to improve the reliability, operability, and visibility into the health of the BlueJeans video conferencing platform.
We value solid communication and focus on execution, development of close partnerships, and strong incident & people management experience as we drive optimization and seamless customer experiences, and lightning fast performance of BlueJeans SaaS offerings. We are passionate about monitoring and improving performance, resource utilization, and ensuring that our hosted environments can scale to meet the needs of our ever-growing customer base.You will work to directly improve the experience and value of BlueJeans brand as you solve technical issues to ensure a rock solid meetings platform.
- Employ in-depth troubleshooting and scripting skills to improve the availability, capacity, and security of BlueJeans applications.
- Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues.
- Deploy releases into staging and production environments.
- Experience with root cause analysis of critical business and production issues and professional in incident triage & response.
- Design system support documents and production application service run books where needed.
- Contribute to product development / engineering as needed to ensure Quality of Service of Highly Available services in production.
- 3-10 yrs experience in a Site Reliability Engineer role working on a SaaS product running on Private and Public Data centers.
- Extensive experience with Linux System Administration.
- Hands on experience in the public cloud, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Clear understanding of Agile development methodologies, DevOps, SRE best practices, and the product development lifecycle.