Driving innovation since 1996.
When PCH International was founded it quickly began making waves in China's manufacturing industry as a back-end partner helping companies mass-produce their products more efficiently. In 2012, those waves reached the shores of California's Pacific Coast -- the company's namesake -- and we set out to make our mark on Silicon Valley.
We are proud to say we're still here -- and growing. PCH is looking to add talented, passionate, and driven members to our exceptional team in San Francisco. Our spacious Potrero Hill office is home to our product design consultancy -- a team of mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers, program managers and operational staff that partner with our clients to guide their product ideas from concept to manufacturing. Our U.S. team works closely with our Shenzhen office to integrate our product designs into a custom manufacturing process that serves the needs of our clients.
Who are we?
Our staff in San Francisco is creative, quirky, and collaborative. We take pride in our work and we have a lot of fun along the way! As an employer, we offer:
- An exceptional team of people that care about our work and each other in equal measure
- A commitment to your personal and professional growth
- A healthy work-life balance in a positive and inclusive work environment
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive life benefits, including generous parental leave options
- Monthly barbecues, regular after-work outings, and engaging in-house activities to foster relationships across disciplines and departments
- Weekly lunches and a well-stocked kitchen to fuel your creative ideas
- An in-house product realization lab to bring those ideas to life
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We have openings for various degrees of expertise, so please apply to the posting that most closely matches your experience level. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet our newest colleagues and collaborators!
PCH International is looking to add a passionate and motivated entry-level or associate Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to our San Francisco team. An EPM oversees and guides the hardware product development efforts for a project from initiation to closure. The role is critical in coordinating our multi-disciplinary engineering teams to complete project deliverables on schedule and within budget. EPMs interface with client teams on a regular basis, both remotely and in-person, to provide status updates and insight on the development of their product within our studio. Within the office, EPMs work closely with project teams and EPM leadership to troubleshoot any pain points and move the project through the development process.
As an EPM at PCH, you will...
- Lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams in hardware product development projects
- Enable project success by assisting in scoping, planning and coordinating all project activities
- Manage and communicate the schedule, budget, project goals and deliverables to your project team
- Motivate and empower your team to meet stated goals and deliverables on schedule
- Elevate project risk and issues to EPM leadership and help determine project adjustments as required
- Cultivate a relationship of trust with the client team via regular and transparent communication of project status, risks and issues
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Be the champion for both your client and your team, recognizing and rewarding success
- Travel occasionally to China to collaborate with our manufacturing team on bringing a product successfully to market
- Contribute not only to PCH’s portfolio of work, but also to our workplace culture of inclusivity, creativity, determination and fun!
As an EPM professional, you bring...
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a technical project or program manager with a demonstrated understanding of best practices, methodologies, standards and tools
- A degree in an engineering field, or working knowledge of engineering principles gained through work experience
- Broad understanding of the product development process
- Experience working on a hardware project that has reached manufacturing and/or shipped
- Familiarity with multiple project development disciplines and how they interact (electrical & embedded firmware engineering, manufacturing, and industrial design preferred)
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to inform and engage with clients throughout all phases of the project
- Strong understanding of how project delivery requirements, issues, needs, and risk impact the scope, budget and schedule on a day-to-day basis
- Sound judgment, passion for hardware development, and a desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the accepted standards for customer satisfaction, engineering ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We work with companies that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product creation through all phases of the product journey -- from concept to development, and from manufacturing to pack out and fulfillment. That journey through the hardware world is fast-paced and challenging and we tackle those challenges -- and celebrate our successes -- together.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.