Driving innovation since 1996.
When PCH International was founded it quickly began making waves in China's manufacturing industry as a back-end partner helping companies mass-produce their products more efficiently. In 2012, those waves reached the shores of California's Pacific Coast -- the company's namesake -- and we set out to make our mark on Silicon Valley.
We are proud to say we're still here -- and growing. PCH is looking to add talented, passionate, and driven members to our exceptional team in San Francisco. Our spacious Potrero Hill office is home to our product design consultancy -- a team of mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers, program managers and operational staff that partner with our clients to guide their product ideas from concept to manufacturing. Our U.S. team works closely with our Shenzhen office to integrate our product designs into a custom manufacturing process that serves the needs of our clients.
Who are we?
Our staff in San Francisco is creative, quirky, and collaborative. We take pride in our work and we have a lot of fun along the way! As an employer, we offer:
- An exceptional team of people that care about our work and each other in equal measure
- A commitment to your personal and professional growth
- A healthy work-life balance in a positive and inclusive work environment
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive life benefits, including generous parental leave options
- Monthly barbecues, regular after-work outings, and engaging in-house activities to foster relationships across disciplines and departments
- Weekly lunches and a well-stocked kitchen to fuel your creative ideas
- An in-house product realization lab to bring those ideas to life
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We have openings for various degrees of expertise, so please apply to the posting that most closely matches your experience level. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet our newest colleagues and collaborators!
PCH is seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to oversee complex and multi-disciplinary hardware projects. This position involves managing cross-functional teams working to develop new products for our clients from concept through production. A Senior EPM ensures project success by scoping, planning, and coordinating project activities, managing the communication of schedules, budget, goals and deliverables to the project team, and maintaining a continuous dialogue with the client throughout the process.
As a Senior EPM at PCH, you will...
- Lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams in complex product development projects
- Enable project success by accurately scoping, planning and coordinating all project activities
- Manage and communicate the schedule, budget, project goals and deliverables to your project team
- Motivate and empower your team to meet stated goals and deliverables on schedule
- Make critical project adjustments as required, while assessing risks and controlling scope
- Cultivate a relationship of trust with the client team via regular and transparent communication of project status, risks and issues
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Be the champion for both your client and your team, recognizing and rewarding success
- Contribute your expertise to our recruiting and hiring processes
- Travel occasionally to China to collaborate with our manufacturing team on bringing a product successfully to market
- Contribute not only to our portfolio of work, but also to our culture of inclusivity, creativity, determination, and fun!
As a Senior EPM professional, you bring...
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project or program manager with a demonstrated understanding of best practices, methodologies, standards and tools
- A degree in an engineering field, or deep knowledge of engineering principles gained through professional experience (electrical and firmware engineering backgrounds preferred)
- A strong understanding of the product development process, from concept to manufacturing
- A track-record of shipping hardware products (or subsystems) as a lead/senior program manager
- Extensive familiarity with multiple project development disciplines and how they interact (electrical & embedded firmware engineering, manufacturing, and industrial design preferred)
- Experience successfully planning scope, schedule and budgets for large-scale projects and executing within those parameters
- Fearless public speaking skills and strong ability to inform and engage with clients throughout all phases of the project
- Intimate understanding of how project delivery requirements, issues, needs, and risk impact the scope, budget and schedule on a day-to-day basis
- Sound judgment of when to elevate concerns to leadership team
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers (strongly preferred)
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the accepted standards for customer satisfaction, engineering ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We work with companies that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product creation through all phases of the product journey -- from concept to development, and from manufacturing to pack out and fulfillment. That journey through the hardware world is fast-paced and challenging and we tackle those challenges -- and celebrate our successes -- together.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.