Driving innovation since 1996.
When PCH International was founded it quickly began making waves in China's manufacturing industry as a back-end partner helping companies mass-produce their products more efficiently. In 2012, those waves reached the shores of California's Pacific Coast -- the company's namesake -- and we set out to make our mark on Silicon Valley.
We are proud to say we're still here -- and growing. PCH is looking to add talented, passionate, and driven members to our exceptional team in San Francisco. Our spacious Potrero Hill office is home to our product design consultancy -- a team of mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers, program managers and operational staff that partner with our clients to guide their product ideas from concept to manufacturing. Our U.S. team works closely with our Shenzhen office to integrate our product designs into a custom manufacturing process that serves the needs of our clients.
Who are we?
Our staff in San Francisco is creative, quirky, and collaborative. We take pride in our work and we have a lot of fun along the way! As an employer, we offer:
- An exceptional team of people that care about our work and each other in equal measure
- A commitment to your personal and professional growth
- A healthy work-life balance in a positive and inclusive work environment
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive life benefits, including generous parental leave options
- Monthly barbecues, regular after-work outings, and engaging in-house activities to foster relationships across disciplines and departments
- Weekly lunches and a well-stocked kitchen to fuel your creative ideas
- An in-house product realization lab to bring those ideas to life
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We have openings for various degrees of expertise, so please apply to the posting that most closely matches your experience level. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet our newest colleagues and collaborators!
The PCH firmware team is seeking an exceptional candidate with knowledge in designing and implementing embedded firmware on custom hardware. This role is responsible for mapping complex system requirements and devising solutions for interfacing to peripherals. Our firmware team is integral to delivering innovative and high-quality consumer products to our clients works and works closely with other engineering discipline to achieve these goals.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at PCH, you will...
- Experience the life cycle of designing a product at a fast-paced consultancy
- Work with the mechanical design and program management teams to ensure beautiful designs that also provide a seamless and intuitive user experience
- Work both behind the scenes in the lab and, at times, be center stage with clients to present your team’s progress
- Travel occasionally to our office in China to collaborate with our manufacturing team in order to bring a product to market successfully
- Take part in weekly departmental meetings, monthly all-staff meetings and monthly office BBQs
- Contribute not only to PCH’s portfolio of work, but also to our workplace culture of inclusivity, creativity, determination and fun
As a Senior Firmware professional, you bring...
- Senior-level professional experience and a passion for solving complex problems
- Excellent debugging skills and familiarity working through the entire embedded stack from interfacing to low level drivers, RTOS usage, and implementing simple yet elegant applications
- Extensive knowledge with embedded software
- Knowledge of Real-Time Operating systems
- Proficient knowledge of interfacing to various sensors and peripherals
- Experience with new board bring-up
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and multimeters
- Experience shipping products and exposure to full software development cycle
- Proven collaborative skills to work with cross-disciplinary teams in developing products
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Your embedded software skills include:
- BLE, WiFi or Mesh Networks (802.15.4 /Thread)
- Knowledge of typical networking stack and architectural principles: Ethernet, TCP/IP suite, HTTP, web services
- Knowledge of data storage systems (e.g., eMMC, raw NAND, etc.)
- Working experience with Linux bring-up on embedded custom hardware, e.g., U-Boot porting, device tree configuration, driver and kernel configuration, etc.
- Experience with developing Linux device drivers
- Experience with Bare Metal programming
- GNU ARM Toolchain (GCC, GDB, Make/CMake)
- Proficiency in C / C++ (knowledge of C++11 a bonus)
- Working knowledge of typical hardware interfaces: I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, etc.
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the accepted standards for customer satisfaction, engineering ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We work with companies that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product creation through all phases of the product journey -- from concept to development, and from manufacturing to pack out and fulfillment. That journey through the hardware world is fast-paced and challenging and we tackle those challenges -- and celebrate our successes -- together.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.