About the company
Capillary's technology solutions help businesses get ahead of the digital evolution and stay 'Always Consumer Ready'. The experience platform integrates Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to make it easy for brands to get deep understanding and insights into their consumers, engage consumers through personalised 1:1 communication, provide easy and connected cross-channel commerce experiences and build loyalty to reward and retain their best consumers.
Over 300 marquee brands across 30+ countries, including Pizza Hut, VF Brands, Walmart, Al-Futtaim, KFC, Starbucks, Madura Garments, Courts and Samsung, trust Capillary to enable easy and seamless consumer experiences. With over 300 million consumers and 25,000 stores on the platform, Capillary is Asia’s leading SaaS product company. Over 700 Capillary associates across 11 global offices are continually innovating to find new ways for brands to make their consumers lives easier, and experiences memorable.
Founded in 2008, Capillary is backed by Warburg Pincus, Sequoia Capital, Norwest Venture Partners, Qualcomm Ventures, and American Express Ventures.
For more information, visit www.capillarytech.com
About the role
Do you want to work with high traffic OLTP and OLAP systems that provide real value to retailers? Want to build real web applications that work across multiple channels and devices? In this critical role, the right candidate should have an entrepreneurial mind-set, have experience working across an application stack and a strong background in developing complex web experiences that are rich, responsive and interactive. The individual should have exhibited good technical leadership skills and be a highly motivated individual.
Role & Responsibility
· Exhibit strong technical knowledge, leadership skills and independent execution.
· A keen eye for good experiences. Understanding the experience from a customer perspective.
· Drive design discussion of complex features and own development of these modules across the application stack.
· Ability to adapt to changing business and product needs.
· Experience evolving the design and operation scale as new features are added to the product
· Mentor junior developers and ensure quality code output (via code reads, reading references, etc.) from them.
· Co-ordinate with internal teams and external partners in ensuring we build the best solution on time for the customer. Constantly looking at ways to innovate and improve the product.
· 8+ years of experience in Java & J2EE based Web Technologies & Frameworks with a focus in either Service Oriented Architecture or APIs.
· Experience in designing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed environment.
· Strong knowledge of web technologies, common web frameworks, networking, SQL and database technologies
· Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
· Strong debugging / troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to propose and defend solutions.
· Ability to work closely with product management, customer support, and other engineering teams to continuously evolve and innovate the enterprise-class Products.