About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Senior Command Center Engineer will have the following focuses:
- Overseeing and executing DOS (Data Operating System) upgrades and installs for all of Health Catalyst’s employees
- Providing 24 x 7 Software Support for Health Catalyst’s Clients
- Developing the processes and enhancing tools around DOS Support including coordination with other Health Catalyst teams and building up knowledge base articles about issue resolution
- Developing new tools/scripts/documentation to continue to scale DOS upgrades and support and troubleshooting
- Create new proactive monitoring tools for Client’s DOS systems
- Provide lightweight Technical Account Management for clients not paying for full service Technical Account Management and DOS Optimization
Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical expert – Work closely with the Platform Engineering teams and Technical Directors and other Technology teams. Aid in guiding platform engineering teams with client feedback and own personal findings to provide improvements and enhancements to the platform
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills with an emphasis identifying Root Cause of Issues – Will receive escalations and tickets from other Health Catalyst employees and clients and will try to identify the cause of the issue and what can be done to fix the issue and keep it from occurring. High level Performance issues in a Client’s EDW will also come into play and will need expertise
- 24 x 7 Software Support OnCall Rotation Will participate in OnCall rotation with the Command Center team and will receive extra compensation for being OnCall.
- Define and Improve Processes around Support. Streamline processes, create knowledge base for issues, and manage metrics around Support with emphasis to reduce tickets
- Develop new tools and enhance Tools for DOS Continue to identify ways to streamline DOS upgrades and provide scripts and documentation to improve upgrades and others areas of DOS. Develop new proactive monitoring tools with Telemetry data from our clients
- Lightweight Technical Account Management – For clients not paying for a Technical Director, will provide technical account management for those clients paying for Technology Subscription and walk them through new features of DOS and upgrades for DOS
- Wide breadth of technical knowledge and experience that encompasses the DOS ecosystem
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with being able to dig deeper to identify software bugs and SQL Server/Azure performance issues and root cause the issue
- Strong communication skills; ability to anticipate, diffuse and/or manage conflict resolution among Catalyst employees and client teams
- Deep technical skills around SQL Server and Azure including ability to understand, develop, and troubleshoot C# code
- Development skills with Powershell Scripting, C#, and SQL
- Ability to mentor/train/educate others.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively guide and facilitate meetings and drive resolution.
- Ability to defend Catalyst architecture, methodologies and technologies to Catalyst employees and client staff.
- Ability to independently learn new software tools/technologies quickly.
- Advanced decision-making skills. Can assimilate complex information to understand core issues, develop proposed solutions that align with Catalyst methodologies
Education & Relevant Experience
- Required - Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field such as computer science/information systems or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Preferred - Graduate degree in related field (e.g., MCS, MIS, MBA with focus on IS).
- Required: Combination of 5+ years’ work experience in data warehousing technologies and/or Software Development technologies such as C#, PowerShell, SQL, Hadoop/Spark, Azure, ETL.
- 2 – 4 years healthcare data experience preferred.
- 2+ years agile methodology experience preferred.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.