Dremio reimagines analytics for modern data. Created by veterans of open source and big data technologies, Dremio is a fundamentally new approach that dramatically simplifies and accelerates time to insight. Dremio empowers business users to curate precisely the data they need, from any data source, then accelerate analytical processing for BI tools, machine learning, data science, and SQL clients. Dremio starts to deliver value in minutes, and learns from your data and queries, making your data engineers, analysts, and data scientists more productive. For more information, visitwww.dremio.com.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has raised $40 million in Funding from Top VC's including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Norwest Ventures. Connect with Dremio on GitHub,LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
In this role you will lead our efforts to develop the Dremio community. This is a technical role that involves speaking at global events and meetups, writing tutorials, speaking with users, evaluating and developing integrations, and advocating for the needs of Dremio users through interactions with our product management team. You should have a strong grasp of SQL and analytical tools such as Python, R, and Tableau. You should find joy in writing clear, engaging content that helps users fall in love with the product. In addition to the Dremio community, you will work extensively with other open source communities such as Apache Arrow, Apache Parquet, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and others. Ideally you are a self-starter what is entrepreneurial, effective, and comfortable working on many different initiatives simultaneously.
Ideally you are in Mountain View, but we would consider other locations.
Your responsibilities include:
* Supporting analysts, data engineers, and data scientists – and everyone else – in helping them analyze data faster, more efficiently, and more effectively using Dremio
* Drive adoption of features and of the product through code samples, tutorials, and blog posts
* Manage and expand our program of monthly meetups for Dremio and associated projects, and events
* Build a profile for Dremio in the data engineering and data science communities. In particular, build relationships with key influencers in data communities
* Write blog posts covering interesting developments, including code and other technical content
* Provide input to the product and sales teams on trends and observations from conversations with community members and other potential users
Dremio doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Dremio.